Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2012
Yesterday my clients and I ventured off looking first hand at some of our favorite properties found with our online search engines. Sure inventories are down and I was expecting “slim pickings” but goodness – we found two places which met their “wow” factor and this morning finds them running the numbers.
Lesson learned? Great properties are still out there. Do not feel like we are down to the dregs and you are faced with stingy sellers or difficult to renovate properties. It is somewhat intimidating seeing spec homes popping up, developers in the news (favorably) and vacant land holding out for high prices again – all signs of a tighter market – you can still find those great properties.
As a buyer in this market – a tighter market – you may want to consider the following when looking for properties in Naples, Florida real estate:
1) Be ready to buy – get that pre approval letter in hand or have the cash ready to go. you do not want to miss the “best address for you” to another better organized buyer in a tight market.
2) Be mentally ready for multiple offers on the best places or finding lots of people walking throughout the same properties you are looking at – no need to rush in.
3) Know your “walk away” price so you do not get wrapped up in the excitement of the moment (like me at a charity auction!) and wake up days later wondering if you did the right thing.
4) Online, Online, Online – search and search often – with sniffers on your favorite criteria AND check new results each morning.
5) Have your Realtor go “door knocking” if you must
Interesting and better times we live in. Thank goodness for an improving market.
All the best this morning and tell us what you think.
No legal, investment, or tax advice is being given in this Blog. Consult with legal, financial and tax professionals before acting on any real estate transaction. Actual real estate price and sales results are subject to market forces and are not completely predictable. The writings of this Blog are intended for the sole use of our clients.
Some of the data relating to real estate for sale on the NaplesBestAddresses.com website comes in part from the Broker reciprocity program of M.L.S. of Naples, Inc. The properties displayed here may not be all the properties available through the MLS reciprocity Program. This information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Buyers and sellers are responsible for verifying all information about their purchase prior to closing.
Mark Goebel, PA is a REALTOR with Coldwell Banker on 5th avenue in Naples, Florida with 35+ years of visiting and living in Naples. After 25 years at Accenture, Mark retired as a managing director and spends his time helping non profits and building a Naples real estate team with his wife Nan. Talk to Mark and Nan about life in Naples and why they chose this place to live full-time over all others and enjoy Naples real estate.
Mark Goebel, PA REALTOR Coldwell Banker 5th Avenue South Mobile: 239.595.3921 Email: email@example.com NaplesBestAddresses.com Facebook: NaplesBestAddresses Twitter @mcgoebel Naples Best Address – Where The Best Address in Naples Real Estate Is Yours